Definition of COMMUNITY
1. a: unified body of individuals: b: the people with common interests living in a particular area; c: an interacting population of various kinds of individuals in a common location d: a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society e: a group linked by a common policy f: a body of persons or nations having a common history or common social, economic, and political interests g: a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society
2. a: joint ownership or participation b: common character : LIKENESS community of interests c: social activity : FELLOWSHIP
Last week as my fellow teammates gathered in the lunchroom, we realized that somehow we’d all selected coordinating shades of blue, green, black or white to wear that day. Someone said, “Get a picture!” Upon reflection, this photo is illustrative of the work we do and how we go about it. We live community daily.
• Though our outfit choices are not an exact match, it reminds me of how we approach our work in a coordinated fashion as a community of individuals with different styles, preferences, and opinions, but with on one clear likeness: Our passion for stronger communities in East Tennessee.
• We gather as a team consistently to share lunch, fellowship and chew on how to better lives in East Tennessee. There is always lively discussion, trust me.
• And thank goodness, everyone had their eyes wide open and an optimistic smile!
Being employed by a community foundation is a unique privilege. We take our obligation to our donors’ thoughtful giving and their philanthropic interests seriously. We are advocates for the charitable needs in our region. Daily we strive to bring together the resources and garner the trust necessary to accomplish this important work!